First Literacy 2023-2024 Continuing Scholarship Application
Continuing Scholarship Application Checklist:
Please complete each section of the application and upload the documents listed below where required in the application. If you would like to save a draft of your application to return to and complete later, click on Save Draft at the bottom of the form. You can preview your finished application before submitting by clicking on the Preview button at the bottom of the form.
- This application with the uploaded documents must be submitted online no later than Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 5:00 PM. Applications will not be accepted via email, and late submissions will not be considered.
- Your Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 transcripts,
- Evidence of registration for the next academic year,
- Your plan for the coming Academic Year (number of classes, cost, and financial need),
- Letter of recommendation from a professor at the college or certificate training program where you are studying.
- Applicants will be notified by Thursday, June 29, 2023.
Scholarship award certificates will be presented at a ceremony held in Summer 2023 which scholarship recipients are required to attend. Before Scholarship awards will be paid to the recipient’s school, First Literacy MUST receive the following:
- First Literacy Photo Permission Form (provided by First Literacy)
- Proof that scholar has created a LinkedIn account and is following First Literacy
- Permission form authorizing First Literacy to speak to the recipient’s school about their financial status and class progress (form provided by First Literacy)
- Head shot of scholarship recipient (a photograph including head and shoulders on a light background)
Scholarship recipients will be required to attend the following events through the academic year:
- Scholar Ceremony: August 2023. Date TBD by the Mayor’s office
- Scholar Workshop: October 5, 2023, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Scholar Potluck: January 10, 2024
Please note that questions with an (*) are required.